Re: Sound not working on Mac PowerBook G4

On 20.05.2007, at 20:43, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

Dear all

sound output is not working on my PowerBook G4 with Debian Etch. During boot I can see a message flashing by, saying something along the lines that snd_powermac encountered an error -12. Any hints or ideas?

I get the same error message on boot but the sound does work anyway (PowerBook G4 12" 1.5 GHz). So it is very likely that the actual problem is something differtent. Have you looked at the ALSA Mixer settings. Maybe audio is just muted?