Re: Grub2: How safe is it?

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:18:59AM +0000, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was checking out new packages in the Debian repository and I have
> noticed that grub2 is now available on ppc.
> I'd be more than interested to try it out, but I don't really want to
> screw up my system.

Notice that you cannot really screw up the system, since you can easily
enough fix it with a debain-installer cd in rescue mode to re-install
yaboot. Just make sure you have a debian-installer media ready before
you do the try. There is even a resintall yaboot menu option, altough i
never tried it.

> Is there anyone who tried it instead of yaboot? Is it safe to install?
> Are there any particular precautions, other than read the docs that come
> with the package?

It used to work two years ago when i tried it on my pegasos, not sure
how it has evolved since then.

Friendly,

Sven Luther