Re: Typing an '@' symbol on an Apple keyboard

On Wed, 16 May 2007 08:50:08 +0200, Matthias Brennwald (bwm) wrote:

> Swiss-German
> keymap. However, I could not figure out how to produce an '@' symbol...

He, I had to fight pretty hard with it lately :)

Here is the relevant portion of my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "apple_laptop"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "ch"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "de_nodeadkeys"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch"
EndSection

Now, if you use Gnome, you might want to setup your keyboard preferences
exactly like this. In particulat, the XkbOptions you have to set is
"Third Level Choosers".

Another thing you might want to look into is the desktop/gnome/
peripherals/keyboard/kbd key in gconf. Make sure it reflects your choices
in xorg.conf.

Now I type |@#¼½¬¦¢]} by pressing "Apple" + number [1-0].
If it does not work let me know, I'd be happy to take screenshots!

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux user #264449