Re: floating point used in kernel (task=c01ff210, pc=c0003d4c)

On Thu, 10 May 2007 23:38:31 -0500
hans@netupgrades.com wrote:

> Hi there -

Not sure if I asked an answered question, or if
I was asking a can of worms question, or if I
didn't supply enough information, or if no one
really knows, or if no one really cares, or if
some other possibility occurred, but I'd take
even just a quick link or couple of words as
traction in a start to solving this problem.

> I've got a G3 Powerbook Pismo with a problem
> similar to this post:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/04/msg00609.html
>
> Wifi card lights go off, can't type anything,
> mouse usually still works, audio cuts, and
> sometimes X crashes.

Actually, the wifi card lights don't always go
off. VLC video playage halts, but sometimes I'm
able to continue viewing pics w/ GQView.

> Etch, and now Lenny 2.6.8-powerpc

Can I upgrade to sid and just hope for the
best? Will upgrading my kernel to something
greater offer a chance of escaping this three
minute halt every four or five minutes?

It's a serious damper and I had previously
thought the Pismos were simply and obviously
the best laptop in the world - bar none.

I still want to believe. Am I on my own?

> floating point used in kernel (task=c01ff210,
> pc=c0003d4c)
> eth1: IRQ handler is looping too much!
> Resetting.

I could recite the floating point message in my
dreams, but I'd rather offer the angels the
latest buzz on the most tremendous, slightly
scary, complete and well-intentioned operating
system in the world - Debian.

> Thanks a lot -- a whole lot!

May I request a just a hyperlink? (I've got to
send this mail or I just might lose it in a
freeze and X crash.) Thanks again, for even
just a smiling face. :)  --