Re: PowerPC buildd is looking for a new home

> voltaire.debian.org, our venerable but still reliable build daemon,
> has been living in my apartment for a number of years.  I'm moving
> house shortly, though, and won't be able to host it in my new home.
> So it needs a new guardian.
>
> It's a standard PowerMac G4 case.  About all it needs is a static IP,
> an ethernet jack, and a reliable internet connection.  UPS backup a
> plus.  The most demand that gets placed on the local admin is kicking
> the power button when it goes off into the woods and occasionally
> replacing an IDE hard drive.  Debian developer strongly preferred for
> obvious reasons.
>
> I can ship it within the continental US.  Please let me know if you're
> interested.  CC me, in case I've fudged the headers on this; I no
> longer read debian-powerpc.

Hi,

If you can't find a place to host yor machine, we have CPUs that can host
the buildd fonctionnality. My lab is located in France.

I'm not a Debian developer, but occasionnaly gnat packages for powerpc are
build on one of our machine (an openpower 710 or a dual G4).
May be there is a debian developer in my university that can help me to
manage this task.

Now, I'm acting as deputy group leader for the computing group in a
nuclear physics lab in Paris area. If you are interrested I can ask my
administration to grant me permission to do so.

xavier grave