Re: airport extreme with linux-2.6.18

Hi,

its good that after complaining i found the issue myself. It's now
working without a flaw.

If anybody is interestet:

The openwrt uses "shared key" authentication by default, which
is more insecure than "open" authentication. I don't know why
openwrt hast this default then.

Changing the authentication method could be done by setting an nvram
variable:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Configuration#head-f0ebbaed59da8d1170fa7a7684fde5ad1b9e11eb

Still bad that if you stay at peoples homes that use shared
authentication softmac does not seem to work as it does not support
it:
http://www.tgunkel.de/it/hardware/doc/ibook_g4_linux.en
http://www.mail-archive.com/zd1211-devs@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01042.html

As i cannot ask everybody where i use the wlan to change the settings.

Still i am somewhat happy now. Probably it helps others. Error code 13
in softmac means unsupported algorithm.

Thanks,
Joerg