Re: Mightymouse horizontal scroll with kernel 2.6.18

Hi Antonio,

> My problem is when I use the 'Driver "evdev"' in that section in
> xorg.conf, then the xserver reports a 8 button MMouse in Xorg.0.log but
> the mouse does not work (neither moves the pointer nor emits button
> clicks) -don't know if I explain clearly here-.

I think this is because the evdev X module opens the device in a mode
where only it receives events.

That said, I have horizontal scrolling working with this config:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "EvDev"
        Driver          "evdev"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "evBits"                "+1-2"
        Option          "keyBits"               "~272-287"
        Option          "relBits"               "~0-2 ~6 ~8"
        Option          "Pass"                  "3"
EndSection

Now, oddly, the horizontal scrolling is inverted, so if I scroll left it
goes right. That's pretty weird but the kernel actually has an explicit
quirk for inverting it?!

johannes