Success with Motorola Powerstack II

Hi list,

I found a thread concerning installing Debian on a Motorola Powerstack
II from December last year in the archives. Since I have one of those
machines here I tried to install Debian on it. (One reason being to
have another machine to check my firewire HDD with - read my previous
post "Firewire HDD on Umax Pulsar not recognised".)

The installation works very well, booting from a tftp-Server is no
problem, partitioning the disks is none, too. I used the "Guided
Partitioning - Entire disk using LVM" method and the Debian-Installer
created and configured a PReP Boot Partition (8 Megs).

Firewire is working, too. ;-)

Regards
Christian