Bug 409255: audacity FTBFS on powerpc

Hi everyone,
i am pretty new to all this but while i was looking for the new
audacity version - i needed alsa support on my ibook - i noticed that
the 1.3.2 versione existed only in x86 and amd64 form.
After some investigation i found that there is already an open bug for
it

since it's caused by some wrong -msse flag.
I downloaded the debian source package and patched it as described here

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=409255;msg=25

and built it. Now it works like a charm on my ibook.
It is available here

http://uovobw.homelinux.org/blog//archives/2007-03.html#e2007-03-02T01_31_30.txt

I also noticed
that the package has been tagged RFH for 116 days by now

but, even though the patch is available and present since Sun, 11 Feb
2007, the package is not yet built or uploaded.
I think that is due to the mantainer no longer mantaining the package -
as for the RFH - so i was wondering: is there any other way to get it
in the official debian repository?

thanks
Bye

PS: sorry for both my english that might have made some sentences sound
maybe rude (it was not my will, only i do not master english yet) and
maybe for the uselessness of this post, since as said i am new to this
and i do not know how the whole package management works.
--
           Andrea Lusuardi  -  UoVoBW
          Registered Linux User #364578