Re: VLC playing nearly nothing

Hi Ananda

Thanks for responding so fast ...

On Fri, Feb 16 2007, at 14:27 +0000, Ananda Samaddar wrote:

> I'm having the same problems with VLC in Etch.  I'd recommend
> MPlayer instead.  MPlayer plays everything.

Not here: I always had, and still have probs getting mplayer or xine
playing wmv3 files, with, e.g., mplayer errors like this:

Requested video codec family [wmv9dmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [wmvdmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33564D57.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

... which was why I was so happy about vlc that even played files like
the ones mentioned above (IIRC) until a few weeks ago ...

> You might need to set the correct video and audio out in the options
> though.

Some hints on how to do that? mplayer settings/rc's ? Please remember:
I'm on ppc .. :)

Besides: I don't think it's a good idea to simply move on to other
software if the one that previously worked like a charm suddenly
fails. We're on Debian: If we don't fix it, who will?

So clearly: I'd like to help fix vlc.

Thanks in anticipation ... :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

I made slight changes on Key ID: E3037113. Please refresh it.
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on