Re: powerbook wakeup/boot display issue
- To: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Cc: Joseph Sanger <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: powerbook wakeup/boot display issue
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:20:04 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <45AD87FB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:00 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > There seems to be a race condition somewhere which sometimes causes this
> > when setting a video mode. I can usually get back the correct display by
> > forcing a mode set, e.g. by switching between console and X.
> The problem seems to be due to the panel powerup sequence. It looks like
> you need to do a well timed sequence of events when toggling the various
> LVDS related control bits for the panel to come reliably up. However,
> from trial & error, I've never been able to come up with a sequence that
> works perfectly for everybody. I suspect differnent panel models require
> different sequences.
Maybe this could be improved in radeonfb though, given that it doesn't
seem to happen (or at least much less frequently) with the X radeon
driver without UseFBDev?
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer