Re: Can't boot Mac OSX after installing Etch

I don't know what I did wrong.  According to some NetBSD documentation I had a look at, the broken folder icon means that Mac OSX cannot find a bootable partition.  mac-fdisk see the partitions in Debian, but parted does not see any.  Also I booted the OSX installer CD and accessed the disk utility, it also couldn't see any partitions.  Apparently PPC macs store partition maps on a seperate small partition at the beginning of the disk.  Obviously this must have been corrupted.  Is there any way to fix it?

I've just realised, I was messing about with the graphical PPC installer for Etch and it messed up on the partition screen several times so I used the text installer instead.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it.  I think I'm going to just reinstall both again and not mess about with the graphical installer for Etch this time.  I'll post the results shortly.

cheers,

Ananda