Re: Debian has failed us

On Friday 12 January 2007 03:54, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Yes, I've seen various mails/rants etc... and haven't wanted to take
> part of it neither in the past, but it looks like this has gone too
> far, and it's more and more looking like even perfectly good bug fixes
> that are needed for most users are being rejected on the sole basis of
> the person they originate from. Either that or somebody has an agenda
> of fucking up powerpc support in debian...

For those who really, actually care about D-I support for PowerPC...

Please take a look at the history for these two recent bug reports before
forming your opinion:
- http://bugs.debian.org/405572
- http://bugs.debian.org/405579

Oh, and also, it currently still looks like the issue that started this
ridiculous thread _is_ actually resolved in the version of the installer
that will be shipped with Etch...
And so have most of the other PowerPC-specific issues that have been
identified over the past few months...

Please don't be fooled by the one-sided and biased information that you've
been getting on this mailing list over the past months. The Debian
Installer team _does_ care about properly supporting _all_ Debian ports,
and spends significant amounts of time coordinating and testing the
installer for _all_ ports. Just as the team cares about supporting as
many languages as possible.

Cheers, but getting tired of this unfounded bullshit,
FJP