Re: g5 imacs now silent?

Le Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:45:18AM +0100, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 23:04, Étienne Bersac wrote:
> > Beware not to confuse iMac G5 rev A&B and rev C (among PowerMac G5).
> > iMac G5 rev C (chip PowerMac 12,1) do not have yet their windfarm
> > driver. Benh told that he began the work on this driver but has
> > difficulties to get access to de device. Benh, can you confirm ?
>
> Thanks for the information! Are those the latest G5 imacs? or the first ones?

I think that it is the latest. For the moment, the windfarm drivers are
available for powermacs 8,1 ; 9,1 ; and 11,2. (grep FARM
/boot/config-2.6.*-powerpc64).

You can find the correspondance between these codes and the commercial
name in the following page: http://www.theapplemuseum.com/index.php?id=36

I conclude from the above discussion that the module
CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM81 also works with the PowerMac8,2.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles