Re: usb-stick wifi d-link DWL-G122 rev.C1 on debian sarge PPC

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 03:24:55 +0200
sputnick <six6six@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I try to configure a dongle DWL-G122 revision C1 d-link on my debian
> sarge PPC & have some troubles.

Hi,

I have a pcmcia card based on Ralink's 2561 chipset, handled by the
RT61 module. Instead of using Ralink's drivers, use the drivers from
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com project. They supply a set of drivers for
Ralink's chipsets -  group of 'legacy' drivers which are actually
modified Ralink's drivers, but they focus on rewriting the drivers from
scratch using Devicescape's 802.11 stack. Legacy drivers from
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com work with no problems (I compiled them
on a 2.6.14 and a 2.6.18.1 kernel), the new driver is in beta stage,
and there are some problems on ppc with the new driver, however the
legacy drivers are good for daily use until the new driver isn't ready.

HTH,

owczi

--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|