Re: Nonsense at boot-time: "On battery power, so skipping file system check"

On Thu, Oct 12 2006, at 21:44 +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Here: Powerbook5,8 - on unstable
>
> I upgraded various packages today. After doing that I rebooted the
> machine, with the battery removed as always the last time, feeding the
> machine with AC.
>
> But obviously the system now calculated the machine being on battery
> [Following output edited/line-wrapped for readability]:
>

> Here's the, hopefully, complete list of the packages

Just to make sure it's not being misunderstood: The list of packages
that was following involves many more packages than those actually
posted here: I simply cut off those that were probably too "old" to be
responsible for the failure, and only posted those having recently
being added or installed.

> installed/upgraded as of the last hours, generated like that:
>
> ls -lt -c /var/lib/dpkg/info/ | grep list > update.list
>
> At least iproute, libatm1 and zeroconf have been removed ("unused"):

> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    757 Oct 12 20:36 hdparm.list
> [ ... ]

Oh yes, and if we're already at it: the kernel where this happens:

2.6.18-rc4

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on