Powermac G5 won't boot headless?

Hi!

I am planning on using a Dual PowerMac G5 as a server. I installed Debian
Stable and apt-pinned a few things, such as the kernel from Testing.

All is well, until I realized that somehow, the machine apparently will NOT
boot headless, that is, if the monitor is not present... this is slightly
inconvenient in the case of a mail server that will almost never have a
monitor plugged in, unless something is broken.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea about this, or maybe a workaround?

Thanks!

--
Alexandre Gauthier
Network Analyst/Analyste Réseau