Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hello,
On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 01:53:13AM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> This helps:
> setxkbmap -option -rules xorg -model pc105 -layout de -option apple:badmap -option lv3:lwin_switch -print | xkbcomp - :0
>
> which maps keycode 115, the left Apple key, to ISO_Level3_Shift:
>
> And I have  @ | { [ ] } « »

On my ibook, without the badmap-option, it works like a charm as well.
And it also hase the »« mapping on Apple-Y and Apple-X. So I think
your question is answered if that should be the default, but maybe
there is something different in MacOSX there?

Denis: Do you by chance know, who works on the PowerPC installation
manual? I could see that I get documentation for this setting into it.
And if it helps calm things down, we could "mac"e the apple-layout the
default.

Greetings

           Helge
--