Re: reinstalling osx

well, yes, but i did not do a reinstall.

i boot off a backup drive image and use the restore
in disk utility (panther) or carbon copy cloner
(jaguar) (maybe).

also, my yaboot is first bootable partition on the
disk, and
the option i get from ybin.conf only allow me one osx
alternate
partition, but i have three versions of macos on my
machine,
as well as two of debian ( )

sometimes the option key stalls, and the penguin
buttons
have never worked. the ybin alternate is jaguar, which
on my
system is 1/2 debian packages (ports). so sometimes i
have
to boot that, but usually the option key will let me
boot
panther if i want (mostly for security), occasionally
i have
to reboot twice before i get it.

if i want to boot a second debian or say another
flavour of
linux, it seems i have to fool with open firmware
command
or (my preference) run ybin, telling it to reset the
nvram. but
with that alternate debian, then i can always just zap
pram
or pull power to reset.

beat a topic to death.  reinstall mac os on a backup
drive (clean)
and then restore using disk utility.  since i lost
data i am really
trying to keep nice clean backups.

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.ports.powerpc/browse_thread/thread/bd1f76e0daba307c/ff7254851521d267?q=restore+yaboot&lnk=nl&;