Re: Ignore accidental input

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:57:43 +0200
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 20:00 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
>
> > Is this already available in the driver or do you have to patch it?
>
> No, I'd have to patch it, but see my earlier mail.
>
> > Is it possible to change the trackpad mode as well? like with the ADB
> > Trackpad: notap, tap, drag and lock? I would like to update pbbuttonsd
> > to support this for USB trackpads as well.
>
> What are those modes?

I wonder that you don't know. Anyway, the ADB trackpad supports four
operating modes:
 notap: the trackpad only move the cursor
 tap  : tapping with a finger on the trackpad emits a left mouse button
        click
 drag : tapping on the trackpad and moving the finger on the trackpad
        right afterwards emulates mouse movement with pressed left mouse
        button for instance to move a window on screen.
 lock : same as drag except that lifting the finger from the pad doesn't
        release the left mouse button. To release the button another short
        tap is needed.

The ADB Trackpad performs all of those modes in hardware. Are similar modes
available in the USB trackpad and if so, are they accessible from user space?

  Best Regards
   Matthias