Re: One-Button iMac mouse

> > I want to know if there's some way of changing the controls so that
> > when you have a button down (CTRL, ALT etc.) and click the mouse you
> > get the contextual menu up.
>
> There is a patch:
> http://geekounet.org/patches/#linux-2.4.19-ctrl_click.patch
>
> Yes, it is as bit old... would be nice, if it would be integrated in mouseemu.

Seeing as this is a kernel patch, it won't be integrated into mouseemu :-)

Seriously; someone tried to do that a while back and I've provided that
person with a test binary to try out a particular solution. Haven't heard
back yet. You can already specify alt and ctrl as the modifier keys that
trigger a middle or right button event for mouseemu, and that sort of
works. X then gets to see a alt-middle or ctrl-right event because X
keeps track of the modifier state (the same would apply to your
solution AFAICS). The problem with dropping the modifier right before
sending the click seems to be that strict event ordering is not
guaranteed.

	Michael