Xorg 7.0 xserver-xorg-video-ati ati-1-0-branch

Hi folks,

inspired from Ben I checked out the ati-1-0-branch and created a
Debian package
xserver-xorg-video-ati_6.5.7.3+CVS20060404-0lxtecppc1_powerpc.deb:

deb http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv binary-powerpc/
deb-src http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv sources/

I noticed much warnings while building. So could one please check
http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv/sources/xserver-xorg-video-ati/\
xserver-xorg-video-ati_6.5.7.3+CVS20060404-0lxtecppc1_powerpc.build
as I am not really firm with that gcc stuff?

The needed build depends were captured by an
$ apt-src install xserver-xorg-video-ati
from a fresh updated sid.

The package was build on a PowerBook5,6, gcc (GCC) 4.0.3 (Debian
4.0.3-1), Linux version 2.6.16-aragorn

I can now run the r300 driver dri accelerated. But I've to do some
more tests here. ppracer freezes X (not the machine), gdm starts not
after every reboot and so on. First step would be to optimize my
xorg.conf. I also tried the 6.6.0 from CVS, but it still freezes the
powerbook as "usual" :(

If one interested in testing please use the above mentioned packages
at your own risk! And please post your experience.

Elimar

--
  Alles was viel bedacht wird ist bedenklich!;-)
         Friedrich Nietzsche