Re: dlink 650+ on an ibook2.2

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:35:48PM +0200, Jorge Salamero Sanz wrote:
> i've trimmed a dlink 650+ so now fits in the original airport classic pcmcia
> slot. i've tried the card on some windozes and linux x86 boxes and seems to
> work.
>
> but on my ibook doesn't work: lspci and dmesg doesn't show anything.
>
> should i have pcmcia compiled in the kernel ? is there anything i shouldn't
> forget ?

The airport slot doesn't show up as a PCMCIA slot, so having that
enabled won't help. It also isn't a PCI device, so it won't show
up in lspci. Unless you load a driver, it's unlikely that dmesg
would have anything either. Did you try loading the airport driver
manually? Based on poking around, it looks like the dlink 650 is
based on a hermes chipset just like the official Apple Airport card.
I don't know if that is enough to make the airport driver work,
but it might be worth a try since you have already gone this far.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com