Re: Need help tracking down serial problem on iBook G4

Hi, folks!

>>time to time the kernel just wouldn't start because it hung right
>>after the printk from the serial driver. The only solution to this
[...]
> Just don't load this driver. It has nothing to do on a mac anyway.

Right. Problem is that every kernel Ubuntu shipped for my iBook in
the last time didn't seem to know that: the serial driver is
compiled in statically. And the last thing you'd want end users to
do (especially Ubuntu end users who are supposed to be "humans" in
contrast to "developers") is compile a custom kernel.

Bye!

Matthias