Re: New 31r1 install on G4 fails on reboot

On Jan 14 2006, David Ormand wrote:
> Ah!  typing "linux -video=ofonly" did the trick!
>
> Now I've got to figure out how to make that a permanent option
> (with LILO on x86, I know how, but macs?)

You'd want to check yaboot's man page for that. Reading about ybin would
be nice. But much nicer would be to not depend on the OF framebuffer,
using your native one, if possible (i.e., if there are appropriate
drivers for it in recent kernels---it's been a while since I played with
newworld computers).

> And how to get X to recognize a USB mouse.  I suspect I did something
> wrong during install.

Since you're using a 2.6 kernel, you should be using /dev/input/mice as
the device for mice.

Hope this helps, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/