Re: New 31r1 install on G4 fails on reboot

What kernel do you have?
This is similar to the problem I have with my PowerBook G4 when I install kernel 2.6.12 or 2.6.14; this should be fixed in 2.6.15 but I still have to try this new kernel.
HTH,

Marco.

PS: I just installed an older version of Sarge, I think it was the Sarge Stable 3.1r0.
Maybe someone more expert than me will help you more significantly.