bluetooth mouses not working in recent Debian bluez-utils

Hello,

I have just  seen recently that my bluetooth mouse has stopped
functioning (I haven't been using it daily so I can't say when this
regression happened). The device is discovered if I hcitool scan.

Please also note that I might not have a recent version as I couldn't
update for some time (conectivity issues).

Can somebody say if they encountered this problem with current
versions of bluez-utils? (I have tested older kernels that I know that
worked in thepast)

With hcidump I see that there is some  feature which is not supported,
apparently, but I have used this mouse before. Sorry for th lack of
details, I am not at home, so I can't reproduce the exact message.

--
Regards,
EddyP