Re: xorg-6.9.0

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

Hi all,

last night I upgraded to xorg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-2. First I had to do a
ldconfig by hand, because startx was complaining about missing libs.

Starting X then freezes my PowerBook5,6 completely. No net, no
console.  So I had to hard reset the machine. I tried the following:

Recreating a xorg.conf by dpkg-reconfigure -> no success

Switching from ati(radeon) driver to fbdev -> no success, but no
freeze.

Switching from 24 to 16 DefaultDepth + fbdev -> no success, X shows
the wm splashscreen with an cross cursor similar to the twm one but
shuts down after a while.

Installing libgl1-mesa-dri in the hope r300 is used with radeon
driver -> frozen machine.

Are there significant changes from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 which I have
overseen?

Elimar

I'm experiencing similar freezing on my powerbook 5,4 with ATI mobility radio 9600, after upgrading to 6.9.0 Have you figured out what's wrong at all? Could you point to any links, is it the ATI driver? I finally just downgraded back down to 6.8.2 after fiddling with it forever... jeez, what a waste of time for me. Thanks.

Ben