Re: xorg-6.9.0

At Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:20:59 +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 the mental interface of Ruben told:
>
> > Just reporting that this is working fine on my iBook (PowerBook6,7),
> > with an ATI M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e] (Mobility Radeon 9550 aka
> > Apple).  I didn't need to change anything on my configuration either.
>
> This is my Device Section:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]"
>         Driver          "radeon"
>         Option          "MergedFB"           "no"
>         Option          "UseFBDev"           "yes"
>         Option          "AGPSize" "16"
>         Option          "AGPMode" "4"
> EndSection
>
> Still freezes.

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Technologies, Inc. M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e]"
	Driver		"ati"
	BusID		"PCI:0:16:0"
	Option		"UseFBDev"		"true"
EndSection

I don't think I ever changed the xorg.conf generated during the
installation.  Didn't bother with it, since it worked.

In the logs, I see it uses the Radeon driver and it disables MerfedFB
since it's not compatible with USEFBDev.

Ruben