Re: Trouble getting bcm43xx driver to work

hello experts,

 Aaron at Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:28:11AM CET wrote:
 > I am close to having the bcm43xx driver working but I am now stuck and could
 > really do with some pointers.
 >
 > THE SHORT VERSION:
 > 1. I have successfully built and installed bcm43xx, ieee80211softmac and
 > bcm43xx-fwcutter (one error extracting firmware file bcm43xx_microcode11.fw).
 > These are the latest daily snapshots (20060102)

 I have same problem and when I run

 krachsna:~# ifconfig eth1 up
 SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory

 here is iwconfig output mebe it can be useful

 krachsna:~# iwconfig
 lo        no wireless extensions.

 eth0      no wireless extensions.

 sit0      no wireless extensions.

 eth1      IEEE 802.11b/g  ESSID:off/any  Nickname:"Broadcom 4306"
           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Invalid   Bit Rate:1 Mb/s
           Tx-Power=off
           RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
           Encryption key:off

 I have the newest softmac a bcm driver sources form today 3.01.2006

 thanks in advance

--
Milan Toth                      .''`.
http://milan.toth-online.com   : :'  :