Re: Linux/PowerPC-specific Firefox 1.5 bugs?

On 2006-01-02 18:32:58 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> As a side note, if I do a:
>
> firefox -remote "openurl(http://www.mozilla.org)"
>
> it works.

Thanks this one was broken too[*] but now it works again!

[*] More precisely, I had tried:

  firefox -remote 'openURL(http://localhost/)'

[I'm replying to this one from the archives, as I had some of my mail
rejected due to a small error in a procmail rule.]

Bin Zhang wrote:
> I have this problem. For me, this is not only a remote interface problem.
> I can't run two instances of firefox 1.5 (I could with 1.0 version):
> In a xterm, try
> $ firefox  &  ---> OK
> $ firefox      ---> nothing

I assume that in this case, this is the same bug. Mozilla used to open
the profile manager, but Firefox noramlly uses the remote interface to
open a new window or something similar.