Re: mount troubles

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 09:53:14AM +0100, Fritz Wettstein wrote:
> Unfortunatly the problem persist with a disk with "only" 14 partitions.
>
> swe@LinuxPPC:~$ sudo mount -t hfsplus /dev/sda14 /sda14
> mount: special device /dev/sda14 does not exist
> swe@LinuxPPC:~$

Well, I can think of two things that might be going wrong. The
first is that the device nodes in /dev aren't there. On my box,
the nodes for sda1-8 are there, but that's all. Are you using
udev or devfs or anything like that? You might just need to
create the device nodes.

The other thing that might be happening is that the kernel might
be misreading the partition table. When it first detects the
disk, it will print out a list of how many partitions it detected
on each disk. The information should also be available in the
/proc/partitions file. If your partitions aren't all listed there,
I'm not sure what you could do to fix it.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com