Re: Apple (powerpc) keyboards on etch

Le Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 05:30:20PM +0100, Frederic Lehobey a écrit :

> 2/ Attempts with dpkg-reconfigure xorg
>
> a)
> Excerpt of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> ----
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "ibook"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
> EndSection
>
> Excerpt of /var/log/Xorg.O.log
> ----
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse" (type: MOUSE)
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Generic Keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD)
>     xkb_keycodes             { include "macintosh+aliases(azerty)" };
>     xkb_types                { include "complete+numpad(mac)" };
>     xkb_compatibility        { include "complete" };
>     xkb_symbols              { include "pc(pc105)+macintosh_vndr/fr+inet(apple)+level3(enter_switch)" };
>     xkb_geometry             { include "macintosh(macintosh)" };

Dear Frédéric,

I think that you can speed up your tests with the command setxkbmap.
Basically, it accepts options such as -layout, -model, and so on, which
correspond to the Option lines of your xorg.conf.

For the diagnostics, setxkbmap -print will output something similar as
what you found in the logs.

I hope this helps, and joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année anyway.

PS: I do not have a french keyboard.

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org