Re: unable to boot Motorola Powerstack II

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:03:22PM +0100, Matthias Koch-Schirrmeister wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to boot Debian sarge 3.1 rc4 on an elderly Motorola Powerstack
> II 604e (PReP/Utah). According to the Debian pages, this system should be
> supported.
>
> I downloaded the current floppy images and the CD #1, but I can't boot
> from any of these. Booting from floppy results in "unable to load disk
> label", booting from CD outputs "could not load bootable image"
> or something to that effect.
>
> Any ideas on that? Is it possibly a debian bug?

Motorola Powerstack II works fine with sarge. The CD install method is not
supported though, but the netboot install is needed.

You need to download the <other-image>/powerpc/netboot/vmlinuz-prep.initrd,
put it on your tftp server and netboot it with : boot
enet:<server-ip>,vmlinuz-prep.initrd,<client-ip>

Friendly,

Sven Luther