Gnome won't let me restart, log-out or shutdown

Hello all

I recently upgraded from etch to sid and since doing so I am unable to
log-out, restart or shutdown my machine in Gnome. Each time I try one
of these Gnome simply hangs and I need to force quit.

The only way I am able to restart or shutdown is by opening up a
terminal window and running shutdown -r now or shutdown -h now.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this before or does anyone
have any ideas how to perhaps fix this?

Regards
Justin Hartman
PGP Key ID: 102CC123