Re: Airport Extreme Support

Le Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:56:40AM +0200, Justin Hartman a écrit :
> Does anyone know how to get Airport Extreme working on Debian etch? I
> don't know if it will work at all but I need to ask in case someone
> has achieved the impossible...

It is not available in the installer (Broadcom does not allow the
redistribution of the firmware - if I understand correctly), but on my
iMac G5 revA, it works very well. You need to install the
bcm43xx-fwcutter package to extract the firmware from your Apple
drivers.

By the way, is there a user-friendly wireless manager ? Luckily, the
default insall is able to pick the nearest network, but I have no idea
about how to detect networks or swich between them...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org