Pleasant install of Etch-Testing daily-snapshot with firewire

I just wanted to say thanks and share my experiences with the latest Etch-Testing snapshot on my Rev-A G5 iMac on an external, bootable, firewire 400 drive. I'm having a good time with it and look forward to more involvement with the Debian community as time goes on.

I'm running:
Linux debian 2.6.18-3 -powerpc64 #1 smp

Partitioning miscalculation - Guided partitioning thought my firewire drive was 429 Gb, when in fact it is only a little 40gB drive. I had to resort to manual partitioning to feed it some sane values. I suspect the drive is misrepresenting itself - it is a recently purchased "G-drive" that I got from the Apple store. Quiet - cute.

(I got the drive to boot by writing my own yaboot.conf file for it with openfirmware paths, and "blessing" it by placing the new yaboot.conf into the /etc directory of a bootable distro on my internal drive and running ybin from there. Works and boots like a champ now.)

During install, the fans were nice and quiet. Afterwards, I had to append windfarm to the /etc/modules to quiet them again.

Noticed that I am using eth1 instead of eth0.  ?

So far I'm still at a terminal getting the hang of the distribution system and have a lot of good reading ahead of me.

I like what I see so far! Thanks