Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:00:52PM +0200, Bin Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/23/06, Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I just uploaded xkb-data 0.8-13 into unstable,
>
> I see some warnings when running startx:
> ----------------
> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> >Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 182
> >                  Using <FK13>, ignoring <K5D>
> >Warning:          Key name <FK13> assigned to multiple keys
> >                  Using 182, ignoring 118
[...]

You are right, we could try now to investigate this issue.
Those keys are redefined in /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/macintosh,
but I do not know why.  Normally, FK13 is function key nr. 13,
so if you have such a key on your keyboard, you can run xev and
check its keycode.  It seems that it is 182, whereas it is 118 on
PC keyboards, which is why it is redefined.

Denis