Re: pbbuttons - issues with lidclose->display off options (backlight remains off)

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 13:52, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not sure if the reason behind this problem is pbbuttonsd,
> although I am fairly sure, I want to have a confirmation (this happens
> from time to time on my laptop).
>
> I have configured pbuttonsd to just turn off the display when on AC
> and the lid is closed. I found that, sometimes, when opening the lid
> again, the backlight will not be turned back on (I can see the locking
> screen of KDE); if I try o swith to a text console, the backlight is
> turned back on for a split second, I can see the display properly,
> then is back to off. Switching back and forth between the X console
> and a text console does not fix the issue, but the
> light-on-for-a-split-second thing is present.
> Also I have found that I can work arund the issue if I put the laptop
> to sleep and wake it up. (But even this work around doesn't always
> work for me since I am experincing lock-ups before sleep - nobody has
> an idea why?
>
> Does anybody else has this issues? Can someone confirm this? How can I fix
> it?

Not exactly that issue, but the the "dim down when not active" works this way
with my pb. however if you close to blind, if not in bright light (or know
exactly what to write (witch is /etc/init.d/pbbuttonsd restart) at console)
<- no use continuing the sentence since my point is written.
That fixes it for the time being. Comment the corresponding line in
pbbuttons.conf to be rid of the problem.
On the other hand, whats wrong? dunno. maby it stops taking the adb kbd or
usb/bt mouse as input/movement (witch happened once'n while with my x86
compute).

Now if you do not set the "dim console to" option, you can switch to console
and that part should work as normal.
UseFBBlank            = yes/no  <- this one I think.

--
---
Børge