problem boot debian on powerbook g3 (pismo/firewire)

Hello at all,

I've got a problem with my powerbook firewire / pismo. I've bought a
powerbook with a new cdrw/combo-drive - but this seems to be a problem.
I can't boot from the cdrom-drive ("c" either with openfirmware). I can't
set the debian-cd as a bootdevice in the macos9 settings.
Is there any other options? Could I install the debian system on the
harddisk from a x86 ?

Please help!

Regards

Florian Znottka

___
znotti@web.de
Sorry for my bad english - I'm not a native speaker/writer!