Re: kernel upgrade fails - 2.6.8-3 seems to not be a valid kernel to bootx

On 14/07/2006, at 7:01:54PM, Sven Luther wrote:

The vmlinux-2.6.8-powerpc is the one that came off the Debain 3.1r0
install disk back in January.  The more recent one is the update
installed by aptitude in April.  I believe it to be the latest.

This makes me believe that Dana replied something funny to the mkvmlinuz question. It should have defaulted to quik or something, i will have to try
that on occasion.

Ahh - that might be it. I *did* try to get quik up and running on this machine when I first installed it, but that failed and I reverted to BootX - which I'm happy with. I really don't know exactly what I played with back then - now with this new kernel I only looked at the files by date & picked the vmlinuz one.

After seeing Rick's response with the same date (25th May 10:55am my timezone) and md5 sum as mine - manually downloading the current .deb direct from p.d.o and finding the same kernel there verified it's as up to date as it gets, and all's well :)