Re: can't boot debian etch beta 2 install cd or stable cd on imac g3 revA 233mhz

On 7/10/06, Matthew Yee-King <lists@yeeking.net> wrote:
I am trying to bring an ancient imac g3 233 back into service but am

If the system is Circa 1999 then this is an iffy situation -- not all
of those iMacs released during 1999 are compatible.

The oldest iMac I have been able to get Debian (or FC for that matter)
to work on is a iMac Blueberry 1999 350MHz G3 with 320MB RAM.  Both
Debian and FC believe it is a Firewire MoBo but it isn't.  I use my
own 160GB Seagate Barracuda HD; nothing bigger appears to want to work
correctly.

FC used to think it was a laptop =)  LOL.

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/