Re: iBook Debian kernel upgrade

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 09:51:14PM +0800, Lawrence Li wrote:
> hi list:
>
> I have Debian (Sarge) installed on an iBook G3 (White book), the
> kernel is now 2.6.8, I downloaded 2.6.17.2 from kernel.org, would
> anybody tell me how to upgrade?

I am running the sid kernels together with a backported yaird and udev (from
backports.org, since the one in sid/etch is not trivially backportable).

with the trivially backported yaird, the etch/sid kernel (and mkvmlinuz)
version 2.6.15, 2.6.16 and 2.6.17, install cleanly on a sarge system. But
without udev, some events don't work cleanly, so you need to get the udev out
of backports.debian.net or whatever it is called and rebuild that too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther