Re: panics on powerbook3400 & misc problems

> > On the topic of boot panics: I just noticed cold booting 2.6.17 (pulled
> > Tuesday) panics somewhere during knfsd or samba startup. The oops does end
> > up in the log so it does not seem fatal
> >
> > 2.6.17-rc5 does boot fine under the same circumstances.
>
> Ouch... looks bad... looks like memory corruption to me.

I'll try to boil it down to a reasonable test case - in fact, leaving
samba out of the init scripts it boots fine, and I can hammer it with MOL
and OO.org. until close to OOM. Ater the system boot has completed, I can
start samba manually and repeat the stress testing.

Potential hardware problem that goes away after the machine got used for a
while?

	Michael