Re: new g5 dual core macs

hello all,

i have a problem with the debian installation. i wanted to use the
latest etch for installation. after starting cd and selecting install64
as kernel, the system hangs. the last output i saw is

cf000100

mm init
cf000100

mm init done
cf000012

setup arch

and nothing more happens. after that i tried a ubuntu cd. this one
boots, but after 5 min or so something spins up and makes a lot of
noise. i doesn´t sounds good, so i switch the computer of.

any coments would be useful

bye
  thorsten