SSA v fibrechannel

If I can't use SSA for the back panes, I'll go with scsi since the unit
has the scsi adapters built in.  However for storage in another unit,
other than scsi, what is there?  Looking at the IBM storage stuff
there's a lot of fibre-channel.  Reading the SCSI-HOWTO at the low-level
driver stuff it appears that there may be a fiberchannel driver.  Does
it work?

I know I've got a lot of reading to do; I've got the pdfs and am wading
through it all, but ofcourse it doesn't talk about Linux in general.

Doug.