support for Serial Storage Architecture (SSA) for Linux?

Hello,

I'm needing a new server and am wanting the low-end of the RS/6000.

I've found a 7026-H50 in a rack thats just within my budget.  It needs
to boot from SCSI which I know is supported.  In addition to the bay for
this boot drive (and cdrom, floppy, tape,), it also hase two six-pack
bay housings that can either have SCSI or SSA back-panes.

I thinkg SSA is the better of the two but before I worry about that I
want to know if SSA is supported.  Untill I know, I can always get the
unit with neither six-pack and just use the base boot drive.

Any ideas?

Doug Tutty,
Kingston ON Canada.