Re: suspend-to-disk doesn't work with DRI on albook with ATI Radeon 9600

At Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:48:56 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> This looks like you could be hitting
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=369167 .

I did not try the patch, but I did disable UseFBDev and that did not
change anything.

> Also beware of http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=363120 ,
> so one has to make sure suspend/resume switches to console.

I tried this too, but this didn't change anything either.

Actually, it's the same symptons as with Gaudenz's laptop.

Suspend-to-RAM works just fine, no need to switch to a text console.
Suspend-to-disk after switching to text console, resumes just fine and
works just fine until switching back to X. Switching back to X gives
me a garbled screen (I see the original screen in miniature repeated
over the screen) and Xorg runs crazy. Switching back to a text console
is not possible, but I can log in remotely to shut it down.

I noticed also another problem for some weeks already and that is that
Xorg seems to slow down over time.  What I mean, is that dragging
windows around and scrolling is noticeably slower. It's like running
Xfree3 on an 386. When I move a window, I actually see that the top is
moved first, and then the bottom follows. When I scroll a webpage, I
see that first the top is update and then the lower parts. Doing any
of this causes Xorg to consume all the cpu power it can get. It only
seems to happen when the application is already running on X for some
time. I've noticed it both with metacity and e17. I noticed the slow
scrolling in Galeon, but restarting galeon seems to solve the slow
scrolling. Anyone else noticed this too ?

The device section of my graphics card looks like this:
(I also have this when UseFBDev is enabled)

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Technologies, Inc. M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e]"
	Driver		"radeon"
	BusID		"PCI:0:16:0"
	Option "RenderAccel" "true"
	Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"