Re: external VGA on iBook G4 with etch

On 6/18/06, Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
Hi!

I'm running Debian etch on my iBook G4 1.2GHz.  with Xorg 6.9 I had my external
VGA port working very well (the external monitor only needed to be
connected when X started).  I didn't even need to do anything special
but to use the xorg.conf "dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xorg" created
without anything special.

A couple of days ago I upgrade my etch system and Xorg 7.0 got
installed, and my external VGA port doesn't work any more.

As far as I know, the only change between xorg 6.9 and 7.0 where in the
build system and in the package splitt?  So I assume I just need to
install a package or something similar easy, to get my external VGA port

Have you installed xserver-xorg-video-ati ?
(for using the driver radeon)

working again?  Any hints?  Anyone has his external VAG port working
on an iBook G4 with xorg 7.0?

Yes. It works for me. (ibook g4 1.2ghz 12" and debian unstable).

Best regards,
Bin

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander