Re: Re: The powerpc architecture ubiquitous problem: sound

On 6/16/06, Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:
>> Now, the fun part; every sound begins loud (or should I say at a
>> normal level) and then is almost imediately attenuated, resulting in
>> annoyance and really low volume in general. With dmasound-pmac the
>> volume used to be a lot louder and didn't had this kind of issues.
>
> Sounds like DRC. Disable it or yank up its range with a mixer app.

I use "alsamixer" to turn off DRC.  But each two reboots I need to turn
it off again, because the system reboots with DRC on.  Do you have the
same problem?

Hmm, I haven't tested this. I usually keep my laptop in sleep when not
used. Will test tonight.

--
Regards,
EddyP